Breaking News to International Students
APR 2021: Submit your complete study permit application for the fall 2021 semester by May 15, 2021. More details : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/apply.html
MAR 2021: COVID-19 mandatory hotel stopover: Booking and list of government-authorized hotels. Click here for more info
- Travellers’ responsibilities
- List of government-authorized hotels
- Book your hotel
- About travel restrictions and quarantine requirements
- Frequently asked questions
FEB 2021: Starting on FEB 22 all international students that wish to come to Canada needs to do a Covid-19 test in the airport and pay for the accommodations to wait for the results for around 3 days. After that the student still will need to do quarantine for 14 days
Please find more here
JAN 2021: New regulations for international students, extension on their PGWP for online learners.
Please fid more here
OCT 21: List of DLIs with approved COVID-19 readiness plans
Highlight: “If you plan to come to Canada as an international student after October 20, 2020:
- Your DLI must be on the list of DLIs with approved COVID-19 readiness plans before you travel to Canada.
- You must have a valid study permit, or have been approved for a study permit.”
OCT 02: New measures to open borders to international students
Highlight: ” international students, starting October 20, 2020, if they will be attending a designated learning institution that has been identified by their provincial or territorial government as having a COVID‑19 readiness plan in place ”
Please find here the full news
JUL 14: IRCC updates for international students new measures
Highlight: ” allowing students to count the time spent pursuing their studies online abroad toward their eligibility for a post-graduation work permit, if they have submitted a study permit application and if at least 50% of their program is completed in Canada”. See here the full news
MAY 14: PGWP rules and flexibility to help International Students
Highlight: ” Post-secondary institutions and prospective students alike are considering their approach to the fall semester. Both have sought guidance from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada regarding eligibility for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) for students starting at an eligible DLI this fall.”. See here the full news
APR 03: Canada Emergency Plan for International Students
Highlight: “International students may be eligible to receive the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) if they meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Must reside in Canada and have a valid Social Insurance Number;
- Have stopped working because of COVID-19 and have not voluntarily quit their job;
- Had income of at least $5,000 in 2019 or in the 12 months prior to the date of their application;
- Are or expect to be without employment income for at least 14 consecutive days in the initial four-week period. Expect to have no employment income for subsequent benefit periods.
The CERB provides $500 a week for up to 16 weeks. Applications will be accepted from April 6. Visit this link for detailed information: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/cerb-application.html
MAR 27: Travel Restrictions to international Students
Highlight: “Some international students who haven’t yet landed are now able to enter Canada. The travel restriction exemptions that were announced are now in place. If you’re exempt, you can now travel to Canada.
International students can self-identify to airlines at the point of boarding that they are exempt under this provision by presenting:
- A valid study permit, or,
- A letter of introduction from IRCC dated on or before March 18, 2020.
Detailed information can be found at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html